Saturday, June 29, 2013

Steak and Potatoes...and other random stuff that was in my head.

I went uptown today to get some round steak from the grocery store.  It was on sale and my intention was to get a steak, a couple 2 liters of soda, and come home.  I ended up buying $80 worth of groceries.  How does this happen?  At least I won't have to go to the store again for a while - totally stocked up on bread, eggs, butter, and milk.  Still, how did that happen?  I was only in the store for 20 minutes.

Anyway, brought the steak home and marinated it in liquid smoke and onion powder for an hour before grilling.  Wrapped up some potatoes and put in the coals but waited a bit too long to take them out - ended up scooping the insides out of the crusty charcoaled skins but boy was that tasty!  Matt of course, slathered his steak in garlic A1 sauce.  He also puts katsup on everything (eggs, mac n cheese, fish, beef, pork, sometimes baked potatoes, ick!), or tobasco......I think he's weird for liking katsup so much but who am I to point fingers?  I like peanutbutter and miracle whip sandwiches, which he thinks is nasty.  And I wonder if anybody besides my sister and I like pickle sandwiches (sliced dill, cheese, lettuce, miracle whip, yum!)?  But I can't stand having pickles on other sandwiches or burgers.  Pickles go by themselves. 

eBay here I come - gotta do some research on e-cigs.  Maybe Amazon has them....  okay Google here I come, lol.   Roll-your-owns are way cheaper (comes out to about 65 cents per pack) but my sister uses e-cigs and I've tried them.  To me, it's no different than a real cig but it's gotta be healthier - no tar, just water vapor. 

Oh yeah - going to Battle Creek on the 20th of July.  Maybe.  Matt's buddy is supposed to call so we can work out the details of who's traveling where for us to all get together for the day.  I vote for their house - they have a pool.  And if we're driving 3 hours one way, I want to spend the night.  I don't drive for a living anymore so 6 hours in one day is too much driving for me to just end up back home. 

Debating with myself (an awesome activity, you should try it sometime - you NEVER lose! and it can be quite entertaining to do the different 'voices' in your head) on whether I want to read a book (yay kindle freebies!), play on facebook, or go earn some more points on InstaGC.  Matt wants me to earn enough to preorder the new NFL game from Amazon so I will probably do that first.  Can't beat the deal - new xbox game, plus exclusive content, plus a free year of NFL Draft on satellite.  I want to get it for him.............but at the same time I want to get myself some more books.  Of course, I always, always, always want more books.  I wonder if reading can be classified as an addiction?  If so, I'm totally addicted.  Completely, irrevocable, irreversibly addicted.  Crap I hope I never go blind - books on tape kinda suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment