So I'm sitting here watching Modern Marvels with my hubby about lumber yards, and they come up with this factoid that lumber yards have produced enough wood to build a bridge from the earth to the moon at over 30 feet wide. Here's where my totally random thought pops into my head and falls out of my mouth and of course, annoys my husband, lol.
Say someone DID build a bridge in space, somehow anchored to the moon, or rather the moons atmosphere, that reached to earth's atmosphere, but didn't enter it; instead had a ladder or place marker that just trailed through earth's atmosphere. What kind of path would that ladder/marker trace around the earth?
This is the kind of thing that goes through my head on a regular basis.
That thought led to the thought that someone, somewhere, must be able to come up with some kind of computer simulation that would show that, and wouldn't it be really kind of neat to see that? And the next thought was wouldn't it be really cool if someone wrote a sci-fi/fantasy book about something like a bridge between the moon and earth, like to a colony or something? Only the bridge was like the transporter on Star Trek and a group of people on a trip to the colony somehow got sent to a different planet due to some glitch in the machinery and nobody knows where they went and they have to figure out how to survive on this new planet with the aliens they now know really do exist.
Which made me think about my last book idea, that I wrote about before, of a world in the future where everyone has a robot pda they access the world through and the govt has a hack into the system to cover up the existence of the paranormal until a super hacker finds the back door, gets into the system, and discovers everything and of course has adventures while joining the paranormal community and falls in love along the way, all leading to a happy ending or maybe not - cliffhanger would be the rest of the world finds out and next book would be about some govt agent who meets and falls in love with supernatural..............
Sorry, my brain seems to go a mile a minute, sometimes, lol. I wish I could write books - I can edit pretty well, and I can come up with some awesome outlines or summaries or whatever you want to call them for books I would love to read, if only someone would write them. I think if I really tried I could write some decent stories, but.....then my favorite form of entertainment, reading, would be work and not relaxation anymore.
So while my hubby and kids will say the random thoughts that pop out of my mouth sometimes are off the wall, etc, I can't be the only one who doesn't think so, right? Explaining how I got from watching lumberyards to supernatural, it makes sense to me, but my hubby still doesn't seem to get how I got from point A to point B.
No comments:
Post a Comment